Irish Girl Guides is recruiting a Regional Development officer for the North West Region.
Working under the direction of the Regional Commissioner and the Regional Team to develop and support Guiding and to provide advice and practical support to volunteers in the designated area (Donegal, Mayo, Sligo)
The Irish Girl Guides’ mission is to enable girls and young women to develop to their fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world. This is achieved by the volunteer leaders running a non-formal educational programme with 500 plus units across all counties in the Republic of Ireland. The organisation has charitable status and works to ensure it is compliant with all relevant legislation and codes of good practice. The Region is run by a voluntary led Regional committee who are responsible for the direction of the RDO.
Based from home but travel to various parts of the Region to support local IGG Units is an essential part of the job. The RDO also attends meetings/trainings with the other RDOs employed by the Irish Girl Guides. North West Region covers counties Donegal, Mayo, Sligo.
Key objectives of the role
- To provide support to existing IGG Units through direct and indirect contact
- To help recruit and retain leaders and members by encouraging the development of the different Branches within a locality
- To visit and encourage new Units, arranging in-place training during the initial 6-8 weeks period.
- To identify and help set up trainings when required
- To promote Guiding in the wider community as appropriate
- To help organise and be part of Regional meetings and projects as agreed
- To support new adult Leaders in both existing Units and during the setting up of new Units, initially through weekly contact during meeting times
- To support new Leaders through programme planning and an introduction to the Guiding programme
- To liaise with other IGG Regional Development Officers and attend RDO meetings as and when arranged
- To liaise with the Regional Commissioner and Regional Team to agree the priorities of the RDO’s needs and workload
- To liaise with the CEO regarding any HR matters
- To produce a written report of work done in the past month and submit this to the Regional Commissioner, CEO and Chief Commissioner by the 7th day of the following month
- To undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
This will be a 12-month renewable contract, dependent on grant funding, with an initial 6-month probationary period. The position is 15 hours per week as agreed with the Regional Commissioner. The position is based from home and is flexible. The annual salary for the position is €11,310.
- Good oral, written and presentational communication skills
- Flexible working is required including evenings and weekends to facilitate meetings with volunteers and young people
- Strong interest in Guiding, youth work, working and supporting young people
- Commitment to the aims and methods and an acceptance of the values of Guiding
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good IT competency
- Good time management skills and ability to manage a varied workload
- Friendly disposition and empathy for volunteers’ needs
- Be efficient and be able to work as part of a team and also on your own initiative
- Be able to work from home
- Hold a current and valid full driver’s licence and have the use of a car for work purposes
- Ability to work with volunteers and professional staff
- Motivated self-starter, with the ability to prioritise
To Apply: Please forward a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st May 2022. Interviews will be held shortly after.