Branding & Communications Manager
Irish Girl Guides (IGG) are recruiting a Branding and Communications Manager.
This role is a fixed term, 2 year position.
The Irish Girl Guides’ mission is to enable girls and young women to develop to their fullest potential as responsible citizens of the world. This is achieved by the volunteer leaders running a non-formal educational programme with 500 plus units across all counties in the Republic of Ireland. The organisation has charitable status and works to ensure it is compliant with all relevant legislation and codes of good practice. The organisation is led by a board of volunteers. The Branding and Communications Manager will work closely with the CEO, the Operations Manager, staff and volunteers.
Key objective of the role
The role will have as its primary focus the development and growth of the IGG brand through all means of communications and marketing, this in turn will support IGG’s strategic direction.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering our Branding Strategy – IGG has a strong brand which has significant potential to be further developed; this will be the key focus of this role and will underpin how all other tasks are planned and delivered
- Developing creative ways to raise public awareness of IGG to enhance recruitment of new members, both girls and volunteers, and to enhance fundraising opportunities
- Communicating IGG’s vision and mission
- Developing and using a model to measure and report performance of all marketing and communication campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs such as recruitment, enquiries etc
- Issuing press releases at national level, reacting promptly and positively to press contacts, and beyond this, scanning general news as well as sector news to identify relevant opportunities to promote IGG
- Identifying and managing potential fallout from negative publicity
- Assisting in the communication of strategies or messages for the organisation
- Support the promotion of the Honorary Ambassador
- Developing a strategy to grow our reach and engagement, posting, scheduling, monitoring, and ensuring the voice of IGG is consistent and its values are always upheld in interactions
- Managing the IGG YouTube channel
- Supporting all PR for new programme developments, partnerships, and sponsorships
- Managing the IGG bank of images and videos
- Planning and supporting photo and video shoots
- Managing Google Ads
- Follow IGG guidelines e.g., the use of logo and images, Dochas code of conduct, as well as GDPR and confidentiality principles
- While the role has a national level focus and is based within the staff team, it will involve working closely with the Communications Committee and supporting the regional committees in their Communications strategy to promote IGG local; this will include providing templates, media training, and acting as a sounding board when needed. Also, IGG is a member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) and occasionally international activities will need Communications support
- On occasion the role will require representing the Irish Girl Guides at meetings and events
- The role will report to the Operations Manager
- Other tasks may from time to time be required from the role as directed by the CEO, the Operations Manager or the Senior Volunteer Committees
This position will initially be for two years, with a six-month probationary period. The current salary, due to funding constraints, is €28,000 per annum. Contract will be for five days per week (Monday to Friday) from 9am – 5pm. Some evening and weekend work is required, for which time off is given in lieu. Annual leave is 25 days (21 days plus an additional 4 days’ office closure – Easter, Christmas). This job is based in IGG National Office and may involve a small amount of travel outside of Dublin. Currently the National Office is in Donnybrook, Dublin 4 but will move to Tallaght, Dublin 24 within the foreseeable future. During the pandemic IGG follow government guidelines regarding home working and offer flexible working options by arrangement as and when suitable for both IGG business requirements and the employee.
- Significant experience working in Branding, Marketing and/or Communications
- A proven ability to design and deliver a Branding, Marketing and/or Communications strategy
- An understanding of the charity sector, relevant regulations, and of working with volunteers – ideally with some professional experience in the sector
- A track record in developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders
- A relevant third level or professional qualification
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Up-to-date with latest PR trends and marketing best practices
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Knowledge of MS Office and a can-do attitude towards learning new IT packages
- Experience in web design and content production is a plus
- Photo- and video-editing software is an asset
- Strong organisational skills and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to liaise effectively internally and externally
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative, as well as integrating with a team and adding value
If you wish to be considered for this position please submit a letter of application together with a copy of your CV to email@example.com by 5pm on 8 December 2021. Interviews will be held the week of 13 December.